Sunday, March 24, 2013

Wanna Be a Blogger

Someone recently told me that if I want to get anywhere in my desired profession, I must be a blogger. This sounds stupid even now, considering the fact that I should be working on my books and not blogging at all, every word counts.

What is my desired profession? Not sure yet, will let you all know what I want to be when I grow up. For now, I am at another crossroads where the "evil doers" are trying to get me to work for them and I am truly thankful the economy is in the state that it is in so that I can continue to sham and use it as an excuse for not getting a "real job" or starting a "real" career. I may or may not be an Army officer, so we'll leave politics out of this for the most part and just discuss the facts.

Facts:
1. I hate working for other people. (not totally true if you are cool)
2. I hate going around to interviews, proving myself to other people.
3. I like wearing suits, uniquely designed ones though but not for other people.
4. I have about four albums worth of material to be put out, sitting in my basement, waiting to be edited (music).
5. I have four galleries worth of empty canvas, paper, paint, charcoal and ink in my basement.
6. I have three books that are not finished.
7. I have poetry that is ready to be submitted, but to whom?
8. I have a 1983 Volvo 240 DL that I planned on restoring that is sitting at a shop, me and the shop owner are having a stand-off.
9. I have a part-time/sometimes mega full time job that demands physical and mental labor, travel, and danger that allows me to pay some taxes and gives me cheapish health insurance.
10. I have too many ambitions.
11. I want to be a writer/publisher/musician/producer/poet/blacksmith/hero/artist/traveller...guy.
12. I want someone to give me land with no zoning restrictions, point to it and say here kid, do what you will.

Now that we have gone through these 12 very important facts to nobody in particular, I think it is obvious that I am a dabbler and I should probably just be a farmer. How can I get a small business loan? I looked it up once and was turned away. If anyone would like to offer any advice, please send a $200 check and the advice scribbled on a paper airplane made from a yellow legal pad,  all other career advice will be turned away.

No comments:

Post a Comment