Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tiny Salvage

+Ed Cyclist recommended that I watch this video from http://tinytexashouses.com/:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acD_f_5YJpc

I have to say, I am quite impressed that someone can make all of these houses from old found material and turn them into livable spaces. I wonder how well they would do in GA though with all of the termites.

Then I watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2igl5wd2c8 which lays out a whole new business plan for me to consider. Not really, I wouldn't have the space or the time it took for this man to acquire all of this stuff over the years, nor do I have the mind required to put the puzzle pieces together to make a livable structure. I would sure like to and kudos to this guy for pulling it off.

All of his houses seem to be selling and I wonder if he is running out of stuff anyway. I would really like to have one of these to use as a recording studio, it would be small but quite unique. He may want to have a female sidekick spokesperson to keep him centered and fill in the gaps, but with her, him and the cameraman, it could get quite crowded.

Last year, I bought my hoarder's house that I am now living in and I am a little depressed about all of the junk I threw away and burned. But all of the wood that I burned was sitting outside for a real long time and what could be used was taken away free by other people.

It is appropriate to recognize the people that can make money from nothing and take advantage of the insane amount of waste that occurs in our society. As a business enterprise, it is certainly viable but not so much for me cool Texas guy but the new wood you buy at HD from Canada really does suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment