Sunday, April 14, 2013

New Business and Damaged Goods

I know that my 2 endearing fans have been chomping at the bit to read my next post and I do apologize for making you wait a whole week. I HAVE NOT been sitting around buffing my fingernails or watching MADMEN or anything like that. On the contrary, my week has been very productive. Here is the long awaited list you've been craving:


1. Looking at real estate like a stalker. I am trying to find the best opportunity to get my feet wet and haven't really found the sure thing quite yet. One deal was a trailer in kennesaw that I found on Craigslist







Yeah...a real gem there...not really for me but right around the corner in an ambiguous former trailer park so I figured what the hell. What an awsome writing cabin this would make...

 I learned far too much about the scene and eventually found another deal that included 3 trailers on a 1/2 acre lot bringing in 2200/month in rent for $160,000 owner financing with 20% down. Interesting proposition that I WILL NOT be doing, wish I could but it is good to exercise and see what owning a mini trailer park entails.

The next great deal I found that I actually looked at too was on Barker Rd in Rome, GA (Link to listing)
http://www.zillow.com is such a great site for comparison shopping. You can see what everything around is going for in the area, historical listings, taxes and such. I launched my findings of this field trip on youtube which is sure to go viral:

Outside the house tour
Inside the "house" tour

I looked at a few other places of interest ranging all the way from mansion to the above. Not sure I am ready to commit but I am learning alot.

2. Formed LLC on Friday, received paperwork ON FRIDAY from the State of GA. Good stuff, Rusty Wheels Media, LLC is the official name recognized by the state of GA as a media consultant/marketing firm which employs exactly 1, me...and has a budget of $200 which was spent on the LLC filing itself, ha. Seriously, I have many uses for this, but since I am already in a list...damn.

First is an umbrella firm for myself which includes publishing, marketing and producing records when me and Precious find space for our studio. Second is for use in getting paid from my creative coop gets going. It is much easier for a LLC to pay a LLC, go figure...1099 and health care, workers comp can all get tricky.

3. Watched neighbor watching tree guys cut down tree in his yard. Nice old oak but it was leaning bad over the other neighbor's house which could have resulted in injury, death, and pissed neighbors so it had to go...but I got a gift, MULCH which I put to good use in our beds that need more establishment. 1/4 of the way through, like everything else.

4. Reconnected big time with the taxi company MidnightBlue Taxi which I part own and sold for a short period of time. I will go back to my usual role of selling cars, marketing, driving when I need money and leasing cars to people who want to drive more than I do. This is good because it puts food on the table, I can flip cars to and from it, and I may need money to buy more #1 mega deals.

5. Met with co-op, more later when things are concrete.

6. Promoted someone

7. Opened yet another google account.

8. Almost finished one book, one more week to go.
.

9. Started my Fiction Workshop class at National University.

10. Contemplating my life too much as always.

This is just to name a few of the things I have "accomplished" with my first full week of unemployment. Don't like calling it that but a scar can be called a "learning experience:, so we'll go with self-employment.

The Ogre and I will be charging up Kennesaw Mountain tomorrow if anyone can bring a steamroller, that would be cool. He also convinced me that before I flip houses and become the ultimate landlord, I should probably continue with cars, I am good at it. Well, sometimes you have to dream big.

While I was writing this, I found this little nugget full of junk that I would totally buy if I were only in Chicago....Later Everybody

1 comment:

  1. The house in Chicago totally looks like the tool shed for one of those other houses.

    ReplyDelete