Monday, June 3, 2013

Coming Soon...No Shows

All,

It has come to my own attention that I have spent far too much time watching shows. I imagine dying and in the end, the powers that be will give me a final rundown of all of things I spent my time doing. For example:

166,075 hours: Sleeping

70,200 hours: Eating

4,758 hours: Having Sex (rather low)

44,658 hours: Driving

36,589 hours: Being a kind and gracious soul

256,000 hours: WATCHING SERIES BACK TO BACK ON NETFLIX



While it is true that I do not have cable or satellite television hooked up, Netflix has become the ultimate alternative to regular programming and the adult series has often replaced a night at the movies for many Americans. With so many "good" shows out there, it is impossible to watch them all and still have time for even the least bit of productivity. Some even make you think and are compelling enough dramas to suck you in until you and your partner nudge each other in the dark and say, "Just one more episode before bed then?"

Also, Amazon has instant movies/tv shows and some pretty "good" deals for prime members. Shows like: Breaking Bad, Downton Abbey, Big Love, WeedsThe West Wing, STNG (nerd), The Wire, X-files, The Walking Dead and the one that I dare not watch for fear that I will be sucked into a marathon sitting of epic proportions: Game of Thrones. Netflix is better but sometimes you have to wait a season to keep current, which is ok at first until you just can't wait...

These are all like visual crack and eventually, with a super long series like the X-files, I overdosed and eventually watched it simply just to end the damn thing. All good things, even crack, have to come to an end someday and that day is tomorrow...I think.

Why? Why not indulge in the fruits of the lackadaisical American lifestyle you ask? Well, I don't want to use the drug anymore because I want to become a dealer and one day I hope to speak French.

So tomorrow, after I finally finish the series that I have been "working on", I will be forced to look inward and spend the wee hours before bed doing something productive like writing my blog...er...I mean, my novels.

Good luck to me and good luck to you dear Sir/Madame who are trying to wean themselves off of My Big Redneck Vacation.

Tomorrow I will discuss visual methadone clinics and the YouTube music video scene.






3 comments:

  1. Poor Marc.... You need more time having sex- that number is WAY to low. Just switch your netflix time with having sex time and I will approve this message! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an example, not to be taken literally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh okay! good! I was going to have to have a talk with Abby! :)

    ReplyDelete